Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Research has shown that people with a more positive disposition are usually more optimistic, tend to be healthier (perhaps even live longer), are more energetic and often achieve more because of their mindset. With all of that to offer who wouldn't want to work at being more positive day in and day out!
Being positive is a choice and I have come up with a list of ways you too can be more positive!
TIPS FOR A POSITIVE OUTLOOK
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: Today will be a great day because _______________________.
3. Instead of being disappointed about where you are think optimistically about where you are going.
4. Focus on learning, loving, growing and serving.
5. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
6. Don't waste your time or energy on gossip, energy vampires, dwelling in the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
7. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
8. Be enthusiastic! It's contagious!
9. Be focused on your personal and professional growth. Ask yourself each day, “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
10. Stop Complaining!
11. Read more books.
12. Get more sleep.
13. Each night before you go to bed, express your thanks for all your blessings, big and small.
14. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
15. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.