Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nothing Holding You Back


I originally thought I could just schedule time in my week to write my blog.  Schedule it the same way I do a lot of other things.  But it hasn’t really worked that way.  I find myself typing away to post when I least expect it, like right now.  I sat in my office tonight to send out some Coaching Agreements to new clients and instead here I am! 
It is something I have experienced time and time again.  I find myself creating and accomplishing great things, when the “mood strikes”.  Now that doesn’t mean that I am fickle or that I procrastinate either.  I am not just sitting around, waiting to feel inspired and then decide to act either.  (Believe me I am always in motion!  Now, if I could just figure out why I am not a size 6 for all the running around that I do!)  
What I am trying to say, is that I find myself being more creative when I feel inspired.  The inspiration often comes on without any warning.  I have learned to pay attention to my feelings and the thoughts they lead to. 
Have you experienced this too?  I believe we can create a lot of momentum in our lives and in our businesses when we learn to work when we feel inspired.  It can be very powerful, even life changing. 
I think working when you feel inspired is evidence that your thoughts become things.  Your current thoughts are creating your future life.  To quote right from the book by Rhonda Byrne,  The Secret …”Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.”
I experienced this first hand last year.  I was so persistent in my thoughts to start my own business, to become a Business Coach, a public speaker and trainer that it inevitably had to happen!  My subconscious mind saw those images so many times that it created a powerful force to allow my conscious mind to deliver those images. 
Basically, my thoughts pushed me into action to make it happen!  And boy did it ever!   
The energy I was emitting from my thoughts and visions was so high that I was creating the life I imagined.  Visualization is the process of creating pictures in your mind of yourself enjoying what you want.  When you visualize, you generate powerful thoughts & feelings of having it now.   The thoughts are then returned to you as real experiences, just as you saw it in your mind.  
I was propelled into action!  Before I knew it, I had a business plan, a website, a marketing plan and I was enrolled in courses to help me fine tune my skills as a coach. 
Then I quit my full-time job and almost immediately I had numerous paying clients, regularly scheduled business workshops and formed a partnership with two other dynamic businesswomen  to produce a series of workshops geared towards empowering other women!  All in a few short months. 
That experience is proof that I have learned an important creative process.  A process I want to share with you.  You too can create the life of your dreams.  The process is easy.  It has 3 simple steps. 
Ask, Believe and Receive. 
Expectation is a powerful attractive force.  Expect the things you want and don’t expect the things you don’t.  That’s it!
Dream Big!  But don’t stop there.  Think about your dream and visualize it throughout the day.  See yourself living it, doing it, saying it, being it.  Visualize in detail and in color. 
What are your dreams?  What do you want for yourself?  Your family?  Your business?  How amazing would your life look if nothing were holding you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment