Wednesday, July 28, 2010
What pictures and thoughts come to mind when you hear “the wheel of life” or “spinning wheel”?
Are you thinking about how the world is always turning as we move through it? Or are you thinking more like a coach and picturing the different parts of your life that should balance together to make up the whole? Or …is the image that comes to mind the little wheel found in a hamster’s cage and you’re in it running non stop!
Do you ever feel as though you’re stuck on the treadmill of day-to-day life, just going through the motions? Your success is directly proportional to the degree you’re growing and learning, yet you may find yourself so caught up in the mundane tasks of living that you neglect your personal growth and the growth of your business.
By consciously deciding to take small steps toward both personal growth and building your business, you’ll make daily progress toward your goals.
Success and personal fulfillment are really just a matter of being disciplined enough to do a little bit on a daily basis. I bet, most of what you need to do falls into two categories: working on yourself and talking to people.
Here are some small steps you can take every day that will, over time, make a huge difference in your personal life and in the life of your business.
1. Spend 15 minutes focusing on your goals. This is your opportunity to review the big picture of why you do what you do and how you’re going to realize your vision. Think in terms of personal and professional goals – short and long-term.
2. Spend 30 minutes a day on your professional growth and education. Divide up your week and spend some time reading trade specific magazines or articles found on specific websites that offer information and knowledge on the industry you work in. On the other days of the week read articles that will help in other areas of your personal and professional development. Don’t like to read as much? Why not listen to webinars and books on CD.
3. Read even just ten pages of a good book. Whether you choose to read literature or a self-help book, reading broadens your horizons and gives you food for thought. Reading “for fun” is also a great way to enjoy a break and a little “me time”.
4. Set a goal to grow your database and find opportunities to gain new leads every day. Get out and meet and greet! Set a goal to exchange business cards with 5 people each week and offer your business opportunity to at least 2 warm prospects per week.
5. Follow up every day! If you are meeting new people every day than you should always have people to follow-up with everyday!
You don’t need to overwhelm yourself with the work you do every day. But you do need to have a plan and time block for the activities that will help you not only be productive but successful and consistent.
If you can incorporate these 5 tips into your routine on the days you do work, these are the activities that will make you a superstar!